Please join us in July’s discussion where privacy experts will hit on current legal fundamentals that we as tech leaders need to understand.
Privacy – a loaded term open to varying scope and definition, yet evoking a very specific emotional response in most of us when we think about our own privacy, the associated rights we expect, and the risks we worry about.
Be it wanting ‘connectedness’ via social media, the growing ubiquity of voice assistant apps (they’re always on and monitoring our utterances) and IoT devices, or algorithms that assimilate our every click and swipe to deliver optimized media and shopping recommendations, consumers are trading privacy for convenience.
In a recent IFTBOH monthly forum, we introduced the broad topic of Privacy for the first time, arrived at a working definition, and identified key segments for consideration. We closed by asking the group to help prioritize the most important immediate next steps in moving forward. In unanimity, we all agreed that a grounding in the current legal and legislative landscape by experts in this area would be invaluable.
Please join us for this discussion where a selection of privacy experts will hit on current legal fundamentals that we as tech leaders need to thoroughly understand, speak to recently enacted legislation in California (‘CCPA’ and ‘CPRA’ – the latter heavily influenced by the Valley’s Big Tech interests, and which is bound to influence policy worldwide), and touch on relevant new legislation being contemplated at state, national, and international levels.
- Present privacy clause, rules of engagement, and the code of ethics: 5-10 min
- Privacy Presentation: 30-45 min
- Group Discussion / Q&A: 15-20 min
- Wrap Up: 5 min
- Shmuel Silverman, Founder & CEO at Multi-Innovation and Veracity-Labs
- Alex Rayter, Principle at Phoenix 2.0
- Chris Clausen, Founder & CEO at Alegria Life Innovations
- Axel Kloth, Founder & CTO at Axiado
- Benjamin Levy, Co-Founder & General Partner at BootstrapLabs
- Shawn Flynn, Principal at Global Capital Markets and Head of Biz Dev Techcode-US
- Steven Stupp, Co-Founder & CEO at ExSano
- Nicole Borsian, Technology Analyst at Multi-Innovation